Friday, December 21, 2007

Thought for the New Year

As I started 2007, I found myself finally freed from the pit I had been in. It was a gruling journey but well worth the pain and struggle as I now rest in the arms and graces of my Savior. entering 2007, my life verse was Psalms 40: 1-3 "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord." (NLT). I do have a new song in my heart and a testimony to share. As I read through my prayer journals over this past year I am amazed at how God has molded and changed me into a women who is humbled enough to say "Yes Lord, use me, all my scars and labels, not for my validation but for your glory".
As I think about the 2008 year, He has reminded me in Revelation 1: 5b-6: To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." that I am forgiven, free to serve Him, called to bring Him glory for His kingdon work. For 2008, I claim Isaiah 61: 1-3 for my life verse. I have heard His voice and felt His promptings. From my brokenness I can share God's forgiveness and redemptive grace to those who are hurting or find themself in a "pit" of their own dispair. God has replaced my ashes with a spiritual beauty that can only come from Him. He has given me a joy that allows me to carry my past, my "lables", and live in the peace of His redemptive graces. I can stand strong as I depend on Christ and walk in God-confidence (rather than self-confidence), knowing there is no limit to what He can do in and through me and being willing to be used by Him.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed.
He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
~Isaiah 61: 1-3
May I serve and honor Him well in this New Year and for what He has called me to. It is my prayer to live daily with a "Yes Lord" attitude in heart, mind, and action and to be used, scars and all, to bring others to the redemptive graces I have found in Christ. May I stand strong and magnify His name as I serve those He places in my life. It is my desire to love the Lord more with each new day for I am His!
In His Graces~Pamela

No comments: