Monday, March 10, 2008

A Prayer from Isaiah 63

You, O Lord are my Father, my Redeemer, and I praise You (vs.16b). With shouts of praise from my heart and my mouth, I praise You. In Your mercy and love You have redeemed me. You have lifted me up from the pits of my past, You have carried me into the safety of Your redemptive grace (vs.9). You have led me into the plains of Your calling-an open field full of people who need to know about You. (vs.13) In You I have been given peace. In You I have been given rest (vs.14). I will tell of Your kindness to all You place in my path today. All that You have blessed me with must be told (vs.7). All that You have done in compassion and kindness in and through my life serves as a testimony of Your glorious name. Today I walk as a testimony for You and You alone Lord. I love You but I want to love You more!

Isaiah 63
(7)I will tell of the kindnesses of the LORD, the deeds for which he is to be praised,
according to all the LORD has done for us—yes, the many good things he has done
for the house of Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses...
(9)In all their distress he too was distressed,
and the angel of his presence saved them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old....
(13) Who led them through the depths?
Like a horse in open country, they did not stumble;
(14) like cattle that go down to the plain, they were given rest by the Spirit of the LORD.
This is how you guided your people to make for yourself a glorious name...
(16b)...O LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

Be blessed! If you are visiting from the "Ultimate blog hop" (http://www.5minutesformom.com/3055/ubp-08-party-post/)-stay a moment and get to know my heart and love for our God!! I will post more later for this!!
In His Graces~Pamela
I Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

4 comments:

Yolanda said...

Isn't God awesome?

I too, will be joining you and Lelia for the study. I bought the book and it arrived about 10 days ago. Perhaps I will squeeze in some time yet today to read the first chapter.

Lovingly

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that we all live under the wings of God's grace! Our past is past and our future is bright with Him. I too want to love our Lord more than ever before and I am blessed by your testimony and the way God has gifted you with your writings! You are in my prayers!

Kelley said...

Hi Pamela,
Thank you for the encouraging comments you left on my post. After I wrote it I really wondered if it would make sense to anyone else. Your post on Isaiah really lifted me up this morning. It is so good to reflect on the goodness and mercy of God! Have a blessed day today!

Kelley

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!