Thursday, May 7, 2009

ABC's of the Word..."M"

One of most favorite pieces of scripture is this one...
And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.” 38 Then Mary said, “Behold the MAIDSERVANT of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1:35-38
Mary's attitude of submission to her Creator. It wasn't until I experienced my own brokenness that this story I grew up hearing as a child in Sunday school took on a whole new meaning. Maidservant..."One who expresses submission, recognizance, or debt to another: your obedient servant". Of all the definitions I found, this grab me the most and hence I include it here as a reminder of who we are to Christ.
I changed my signature to be "His Maidservant" some time ago as a reminder of who I am trying to most please, of whom I am to be.
May you live this title daily for your God and one day hear... "Behold the MAIDSERVANT of the Lord!"....such sweet words.
His Maidservant~Pamela
P.S. You know the routine...to seek more scripture using the letter "M", click on the flower icon above to visit Pam from Gray Like Snuffie, our host of this wonderful blog activity. Be blessed!!

5 comments:

pam said...

Sign me up...another Maidservant Pam kneeling before Him, walking out His love. Blessings of all His best to you today friend!

LisaShaw said...

HIS Maidservant indeed as we keep our hearts and heads bowed before Him in worship.

Beautiful message. Bless you dear one. Your daughter is on my heart today and in my prayers.

Love you.

Yolanda said...

I so love YOUR heart!

ellen b. said...

Oh I love this! I hope I'll be always and ever His Maidservant...

Peggy said...

Blessings Pam...How did I know that
you might choose MAIDSERVANT perhaps since it's part of your signature...and BEHOLD...what a perfect example of submission & obedience given in your selected verse. I'm so glad that you shared the definition and how you came to add that to your signature. Indeed these are sweet words...thank you for your inspirational insights &
your sweet visit to my blog.