Thursday, July 2, 2009

ABC's of the Word..."U"


Here is my encouragment for all you following Pam at Grey Like Snuffie with this inspiring MEME of finding and posting scripture in an alpabet format. Stirring this has been, addicting this has become! Thank you Pam!
My word...UNDIVIDED...to be fully devoted, united. I give you these words of David from Psalm 86: 11-13 in several translations...be stirred, be convicted, and most of all, be blessed!!
New International Version:
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.
Holman Christian Standard Bible:
Teach me Your way, LORD, and I will live by Your truth. Give me an undivided mind to fear Your name. I will praise You with all my heart, Lord my God, and will honor Your name forever. For Your faithful love for me is great, and You deliver my life from the depths of Sheol.
The Message
Train me, God, to walk straight; then I'll follow your true path. Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I'll worship in joyful fear. From the bottom of my heart I thank you, dear Lord; I've never kept secret what you're up to. You've always been great toward me—what love! You snatched me from the brink of disaster!



His Maidservant~Pamela

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh this is good...a GREAT word to ponder..undivided. Thanks for taking part...hope you have a grand 4th weekend.

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Pamela! Thanks for visting my blog and entering the canvas painting give away! I love your blog! God hasn't gotten my undivided attention this morning...but it's not over yet!! Y'all have a wonderful 4th!!

Hugs,
Susan

Laura said...

Wonderful scripture, Pamela! I missed my ABCs again this week...just can't seem to get into a good writing routine this summer.

Hope you are doing well, sending blessings your way...

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I've been burning the candle at both ends; it's been hard to have a singular focus in the midst of my buy. More than anything, I want an undivided mind/heart, even as I live out my daily life.

Happy Sabbath rest to you, friend.

peace~elaine

Carrie said...

Beautiful text...the desire of every true follower of Christ.

Carrie said...

Beautiful text...the desire of every true follower of Christ.