Monday, August 22, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Journey: Rebuilder & Restorer, Part 1


Memory/Meditation verse: If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isaiah 58:10-11 (TNIV)

This Proverbs 31 Journey never seems to end...like the unfailing love of our God, His mercies, His grace, and His presence. The Proverbs 31 Woman is so focused on God in her life that others can not help but see it, even when she makes mistakes and has days when she is just too exhausted to "measure up". That's what makes her "godly".


Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
~ Prov. 31:31 (NLT)


To have that said about you and your life has to be of the highest compliments! My husband posted that of me today on Facebook...of course I do not feel deserving of it...


"A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds.... Proverbs 31:10 I LOVE YOU!!"
It may be the highest of compliments but it will also keep you humble won't it? I thought about re-naming this journey the "Godly Woman's Journey". Almost seems more fitting. Like being referenced a "Jesus girl"!! So many woman are intimated by the Proverbs 31 woman and they shouldn't be.

You just never know where this "Godly Woman's Journey" may take you but your focus remains on Him, trusting Him, leaning on Him. This journey has lead me to our memory verse where I felt that whisper again..."This is for you...this is a part of being a godly woman, a Proverbs 31 Woman".

It captured my heart so much that I dug deep into it. Though the chapter is referencing a country's need to fast it is also speaking of a promise to those who earnestly seek to please Him. Earnestly seeking Him though life and being His beacon of light for others, for hurting souls, souls lost from knowing what He can offer them. A beacon of light ...like a light house.

I love lighthouses. They intrigue me. They fascinate me. They hold a story and they tell a history. They have such great value and worth because they lead and they protect. And they are surrounded by the majesty of the ocean, something that so screams of God's magnificence and power.

Thomas Kincaid can paint a light house like no other. In his paintings they are beautiful and warm. It gives comfort, safety and protection. Just like the l
ight house, the Proverbs 31 Woman can be described like this and she is surrounded by the majesty of God's presence and work in her life.

Which brings us back to our memory/meditation verse and the stirring in my heart..."to spend". I again felt the Spirit of God saying "I want you to to give more...to reflect me more.. serve me more...and not just to anyone, but especially those in needs...just as you have once been".


Giving...Reflecting...Serving...


Link Glowing...Radiating...Guiding...


...living like a light house.


This stirring has become a stirring that just won't leave. I seem to be looking in every direction for every opportunity to fulfill this. Its an anticipation of a "coming", an arrival of a long awaited announcement or promotion. I don't know about you sister, but I am embracing this stirring after such a season as I have been in.

A godly woman is often led into a season of
rebuilding and restoring, not of her own life but also to help others rebuild and restore their lives. The godly woman knows that healing only comes through His Word...memorizing it, living it, believing it, hoping for its promises.

A time in which ones
pain is used for His gain. One's suffering is used for His plan.

Faith.

Trust.

I am finding my life can be found in these verses and I pray I am truly sensing His lead as recorded in verse 12 of our memory passage. Read it again in the Message version:


If you get rid of unfair practices, quit blaming victims, quit gossiping about other people's sins, If you are generous with the hungry and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out, Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness, your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight. I will always show you where to go. I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places— firm muscles, strong bones. You'll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry. You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past. You'll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again.

If you have lived in oppression and rejection, then you know that even
in the worst of times you can live in His peace. You can conquered your past with His grace and His mercy. Read it again...


Then when you call, the Lord will answer. ‘Yes, I am here,’ he will quickly reply. “Remove the heavy yoke of oppression. Stop pointing your finger and spreading vicious rumors! Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. Some of you will rebuild the deserted ruins of your cities. Then you will be known as a rebuilder of walls and a restorer of homes. (NLT)

A life of service for her King. It's not about how full her earthly life is, or how well she is living with material things, or how much money is in her bank account...its about being filled by her Master and living accountable to Him. It's about allowing God to turn her life inside-out, messing up her plans and growing her in ways that would be impossible for her to do herself! Rebuilding and restoring...the Proverbs 31 Journey...the Godly Woman's Journey.


She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.

~ Prov 31:20 (NLT)





This week I boldly challenge you to step outside your comfort zone. Each day make a genuine effort to reach out to someone in need and act on God's behalf. Be silent and listen to his voice then act. Walk your faith. Be His beacon of light.

Living in His Embrace~Pamela


2 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

"A godly woman is often led into a season of rebuilding and restoring, not of her own life but also to help others rebuild and restore their lives."

Right now, I'm in the beginning stages of counseling a woman who is one the brink of leaving her husband. Having "been there before" I feel that God is calling me to open up those memories and life-lessons and give them to her as well. Interesting that God would put me there now... just when I thought all of that was history!

Lots to chew on. Thank you for your hard work of staying in the Word! You are a godly woman of great worth. Sure wish we could do ministry together... face-to-face!

peace~elaine

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh yes my friend, me too!!!!