Monday, August 1, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Journey: Saturation Reflection


Memory/Meditation Verse: The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened. I have not rebelled or turned away. ~ Isaiah 50: 4-5 (NLT)

Saturation Reflection. Ever heard this term? I found it in the Bill Hybels book I mentioned from my last post and shown here. I love this term as it so represent the journey of my freedom in Christ.

In my last post I wrote of the whispers and nudges the Proverbs 31 Woman receives from God when she knows Him and He knows her. Remember the statement I posted that God laid on my heart?

"She is so familiar with God she knows His voice. He is so familiar with her He entrust her with His work"

How does the Proverbs 31 Woman get to this point? Saturation Reflection. A simple step of being in the Word. A daily cleansing by reading His Word, abiding in His Word. Starting your morning in it, taking it with you throughout your day, and touching it again before you close your eyes to sleep.

Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness, as you teach and admonish and train one another in all insight and intelligence and wisdom [in spiritual things, and as you sing] psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody to God with [His] grace in your hearts. ~ Col. 3:16 (Amplified)

More of Him, less of this world. More of Him, less of you. More of Him, more like Him! More of Him, more conversations with Him!!

Years ago when I started this blog I had come up out of a horrible pit. It resulted in a brokenness and embrace from God I had never experienced before. In that moment I heard "I need you to just need me." and that began a new journey for someone who grew up surrounded by the Christian world. Each day, each year, has drawn me closer and more intimate with the God
of grace and mercy I call Father and Lord.

From that experience He laid on my heart a passion to minister to others with broken and bruised lives. He gave me our meditation/memory verse
of Isaiah 50:4-5 (posted above) as my prayer for this ministry. The verses I have saturated my heart and mind with over the years have been the salve and comfort my brokenness needed, the strength and armor behind my transformation, and the healing and redemption that this woman of God, the worst of sinners, needed to be able to hear Him...really hear Him.

Yes there have been times of respite in which God seemed
silent. I have found that if I keep focused on Him, these times of respite are right before the light of His revealed will. Author Henri Amiel said "The stationary condition is the beginning of the end"...the end of one era, the beginning of another....the end of one calling...the beginning of the next calling. Though you may feel God has called you to a certain task or ministry, He may call you away or lead you in a different direction as time progresses. Sometimes these periods are just stepping stones to the preparation of a treasured calling for Him. You have to "...seek to love Him as He has never been loved" as Mother Teresa puts it in her book Come Be My Light.

No doubt, the Proverbs 31 Woman had moments of stationary conditions with her God, moments of respite when His voice fell silent. Yet she would chose to seek Him anyway knowing His sweet words would again fall on her heart and she would choose to willingly embrace them...being blessed...and being called blessed.

Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” ~ Proverbs 31: 28-29 (NLT)

This week saturate yourself in these verses that speak about listening to His whispers...His nudges. Begin each morning in His word. Carry a verse with you throughout the day. Replay the scripture you are meditating on before you close your eyes and see what happens....whispers...His voice...just for you, His chosen and beloved daughter.


Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say,
“This is the way you should go,”
whether to the right or to the left. ~ Isaiah 30:21 (NLT)


But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
And will be secure, without fear of evil.” ~ Proverbs 1:33 (NKJV)


"Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the LORD..." ~ Proverbs 8:32-35 (NKJV)


Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. ~ Isaiah 48:12 (NKJV)


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. ~ Jeremiah 29:11-14 (NKJV)


Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.” ~ Isaiah 6:8 (NLT)


He who is able to hear, let him listen to and give heed to what the Spirit says to the assemblies (churches). To him who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant to eat [of the fruit] of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. ~ Rev. 2:7 (Amplified)




Oh, my precious Father, Sovereign and Holy God, I choose to dwell in your Word so much that it is at home in my life and it is reflected in my words, my actions, my thoughts. Dwell in me. Ingrain your truths into my soul. Be my everything. Be my Master.

Living in His Embrace~Pamela

1 comment: