Monday, September 19, 2011

The Godly Woman's Journey: REMODELED

Memory/Meditation verse: “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.” ~ Zechariah 8:23 (NLT)

My husband and I love to take something old and thrown out and make it new again. We have enjoyed remodeling our 48 year old house. He now does this for a living. We can dream something so ugly and unusable into something beautiful and very livable, re-fresh it into something new again. For example....

I wish I had a better picture of this old house sitting in the country surrounded by corn fields and old barns. I drove by this old worn out house one day while visiting a patient. It captured my attention. I wondered what its story was in its beginning days. What was life like in her rooms? Who walked on her floors and what pictures hung on her walls? How many people crowded in during the holidays and who ran barefoot in the grass around this once magnificent home? Then I imagined how its story would eventually end...

Several weeks later I took my husband by this old house. His thoughts did the same as mine. Though the front porch and balcony has fallen, and one can see massive holes in the roofs and broken windows, does its life have to end like this in ruin or can it return to its intended grandeur?

With the touch of a re-modelers loving and compassionate hands could it not radiate once more? Maybe as a bed and breakfast or a winery? Does its life have to end so ugly, destroyed by life's wear and tear, eroded by poor choices of unkept care?
If in the right hands, it could radiate and draw in others to say...

"... we want to share in your destiny, because we have heard that God is with you". ~ (Zechariah 8:23, GNT)

My life and maybe your life at one time has resembled this fallen down house. Life choices and sin can make us this way. Sometimes our outward appearance resemble a shell of what we are but our insides are just a piece or worn out rubble ready to be bull dozed into the earth forever gone.

Our life can end in ruin or we can allow our creator who is gifted in the remodeling business to bring us to His glorious design. He can take something as hopeless as this old house and breath life into it. He has done that for me and He calls me to radiate so other will be drawn to learn more from this Remodeler. My part was surrender and obedience. Your part is surrender and obedience.


How is your life going to end? In ruin or remodeled by the Master of remodeling?
Imagine how your life could end in the Masters hands. This week make our memory/meditation verse your prayer and seek those areas in which you could use a little re-modeling so you can radiate your Master and draw others to Him.

Living in His Embrace~Pamela

No comments: