Monday, October 31, 2011

The Godly Woman's Journey: Undone


Memory/Meditation Verse: "You shall walk after the Lord your God and [reverently] fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and cling to Him." ~ Deut 13:4 (Amplified)

At church this weekend we sang a praise song that got my attention. I was not familiar with this song. Even so, the words resonate still today..."here in your presence, I am undone".

Here is the song for you to listen to on YouTube:
Here in Your Presence.

Undone. What does that mean? One definition referred to "incomplete. brought to ruin: ruined, destroyed, or brought to the brink of collapse" (Bing.com). Another defined this word as "not fastened or tied or secured"(freedictionary.com).

Undone.

It can have negative inclinations....

God had a hedge of protection around Job yet tested him and his faith by removing that hedge. Job was undone.

Now that God has undone me and left me in a heap, they hold nothing back. Anything goes. ~ Job 30: 11 (Message)

But it can also be inclined for the positive. I believe this word describes the godly woman's journey...I believe this word references where I want to be...undone...a
fitting description of life lived following Christ, not finished, taken apart, humbly submitted, wholeheartedly committed.

Undone.

A release of selfish desires and ambitions. A heart that desires to do His will so much so that the focus is more on God than the actual doing of His work. No hidden agendas. No trying to prove your spiritual worth or commitment.

"Although it is vital we seek to do God's will, we must never let our desire to do His will override our focus on Him." ~ Nancy Douglas, Draw Me Near: Pursuing an intimate relationship with God.

Undone.

Choosing to follow God during periods of what I call respite and embracing it. Drawing closer to Him. Serving and worshiping Him. Intimately allowing God to become the Lover of your soul.

"I had to trust Him with His plan for my life even if it meant doing what seemed like nothing. As God would have it, learning to submit to a life of isolation, gave way to new surrender. He knew my willingness to do his will had to override any plans of my own. Isolation was His method of teaching me that doing what seemed to be nothing for Him was far superior to doing a thousand good things that are not in His will. ~ Nancy Douglas, Draw Me Near: Pursuing an intimate relationship with God.

Undone.

Walking after the Lord your God. Reverently fearing Him. Keeping His commandments and obeying His voice. Serving Him and clinging to Him. Worshiping Him. Loving Him.



Undone ~ Pamela


No comments: