Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Games We Play

We spent last night bringing in the New Year "shut in" with our church youth group that we lead. Today has been waisted on catching up with that lost sleep!! Last night's theme was entitled "the Games We Play" and I am amazed at what God was able to do within this event! Out of the 28 church and community kids that were there, 21 made decisions of salvation or re-dedication! God is so good! I am honored and thankful to work with such an amazing team that created this event and to see it be used by God as it was! I stood humbled and amazed at my husband as he lead the invitation, so thankful to be given the opportunity to love such a man willing to be used by God and to watch God's words come from his mouth as he closed the speakers topic. I am so blessed! Truly, the message hits home with all Christians, not just the youth it was aimed for. It is so easy for Christians to "play the game" but are we really serving? Are we really committed to what God has called us to? We are not called to "play the game" but to "live in the game"!
I am reminded of the scripture passage God placed on my heart for the 2008 year:
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.
He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,
and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.
Isaiah 61:1-3
Happy New Year! Indeed it is!!
In His Graces~Pamela

No comments: