Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Light in Darkness

I am falling in love with my study in Isaiah. This morning has been rushed and God was cheated out of my usual hour with Him but He brought forth the following passages to my attention. It was my thought for the day from Him and so I share this with you!
I will wait for the Lord,
who has turned away from the descendants of Jacob.
I will put my hope in Him.
~Isaiah 8:17 (NLT)
I felt God's voice telling me that, unlike the Israelites in this reference, He will not turn from me when I wait on Him and put my hope in Him. Though He may have been cheated in my quiet time this morning, He is still there...waiting and hoping for my love and my heart. I am glad we no longer live under the Old Testiment laws!
Look to God’s instructions and teachings!
People who contradict his word are completely in the dark.
They will go from one place to another, weary and hungry.
And because they are hungry, they will rage and curse their king and their god.
They will look up to heaven.
~Isaiah 8:20-21 (NLT)
If I want to be light in this world, I have to live in and for God's instructions. The more time I spend in His Word, the stronger and "brighter" I will be for His kingdom work. I was reminded of the people in today's society. Look around you...everyone is searching for significance and meaning in life. People are trying to find it in all sorts of ways-various religious practices and beliefs, relationships, self awareness, hobbies and habits. But it seems in the long run, for most, they end up empty, hungry and dishearten. "Look to God's instruction and teachings"....have you ever truly found peace anywhere else? I haven't. We have to get this message out...that God is the meaning of life. He is what brings significance to our being.
Just a thought to ponder....
In His Grace~Pamela

2 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Pamela!
Good word! I think God is just happy to have us all to Himself whether for 5 minutes or an hour. Sounds like He gave you a good word to share with others. I love the book of Isaiah. I know you enjoy Beth Moore...which studies have you done? My husband Gene & I are doing the Beloved Disciple on the disciple John, it is so good!
Well, off to bed. :)
Many blessings & hugs~
Lelia

Trish said...

Isaiah holds many preciouse passages and helps. It is so full of encouragement. Isaiah has meant much through the years to me.