- It aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea from taking place by promoting smooth bowel functions.
- It aids against, heart burn, belching, & bloating (not recommended in individuals with diagnosed gastrointestional ulcers).
- Is a natural germ killer. It helps promote your immune system, protecting you from infections such as the common cold, cough, influenza (flu), even malaria, cholera, typhoid, and diphtheria.
- Cleanses the mouth, controls excessive bile flow, dislodges phlegm, & rescentizes the taste buds.
- Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your beauty by rejuvenating skin from within and thus bringing a glow on your face.
- Here's an important fact: it paves the way for weight loss acting on sodium release. This means it has a diuretic component.
- It is an antiseptic bestowed on us by Mother Nature. A slice of lemon bound over a corn overnight will greatly relieve the pain or bound over a splinter or blister [pus formation on a finger joint] will bring the pus to the surface where it can be easily removed.
- Is an agent that prevents sepsis [the presence of pathogenic bacteria] or putrefaction [decomposition of tissue]. It is also anti-scorbutic, a term meaning a remedy which will prevent disease (studies have shown improvment in asthma, hardening of the arteries, pancreatitis, degerative bone disease (rheumatoid arthritis, etc.).
- Its calcium builds up the bony structure and makes healthy teeth. In pregnancy, it will help to buold bone in the child.
- Owing to its potassium content, it will nourish the brain and nerve cells.
WOW! Just a simple step each morning can promote a healthier you!! You can also detox the body through a weekly cleansing bath. What women doesn't like a good soak, right? According to Donna Partow in her book "Becoming the Women I want to Be", she states soaking in a hot bath that contains 1 cup of dead sea salts, 1 cup of epsom salt, 1 cup of regular sea salt, 1 cup of baking soda and a few drops of lavender oil will help your body release those unwanted toxins (you can substitiue these ingredients with 2 pounds of regular sea salt and 2 pounds of baking soda). You need to stay in the hot water until it cools, no longer than 30 minutes. Be sure light a few candles and play your favorite inspirational music to stimulate your heart and soul! Be careful when getting out as you may feel a bit light headed which signifies the detoxifying work has been done!
Of course, detoxifiying the body also involves healthy eating and reqular exercise. You know how to do this. While you look to remove the unwanted, be careful not to allow them back into your world by what you put into your body. This is the hard part. It will take determination and will power. If you feel weak in this-give it to God, pray about it. He can give you the stength you need. I have always taught in my community classes for CPR that moderation is the key to a healthier you. Giving up completely on sodium, caffiene and choloclate is not always realistic but cutting back and applying the moderation rule proves more beneficial and less painful.
As with all things, start out simple and build on it. Start each morning with a cup of hot lemon water. The cleansing effects will start almost immediatly! Cut back on the caffiene and sodium in your diets. Eliminate soft drinks. Drink more natural juices. Eat more steamed veggies. Limits the not-so-good sweets. Each in moderation, not until you feel "stuffed". Read those labels!! Here is to a week of simple changes.
Please be sure to share ways in which you detox your body!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Next week we will look at detoxifying the soul!! Here's a hint of whats to some...
Detoxifying the Soul
So what serves as the lemon for our soul? The answer is easy. God's Word. Proverbs 4: 20-22 instructs us to listen closely to God's words, to be near to His instructions, to keep His word in our heart because His words are health to our body, mind and soul.....
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. ~1 Thessalonians 5: 23-24