Having examine how lemon has the potential effects of detoxifying our body, what serve as the lemon for our soul? As we look into the mirror of our inner being, how healthy is our soul? What controls our inner being? The warm lemon water for our soul is God's word. Scripture is the detoxifying element of a healthy soul. Look and see......
- Deuteronomy 6: 5&6 instructs us to " Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts".
- Proverbs 4: 20-22 instructs us to listen closely to God's words, to be near to His instructions, to keep His word in our heart because His words are health to our body, mind and soul..... "My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body".
- Deuteronomy 30:6 states that by loving God with all out heart and soul will give life not only to us but also to our future generations: "God, your God, will cut away the thick calluses on your heart and your children's hearts, freeing you to love God, your God, with your whole heart and soul and live, really live" (the Message).
- Job 21:25 implies a bitter soul leads to unhappiness and death: "Another man dies in bitterness of soul, never having enjoyed anything good."
- Scripture revives the soul: "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple". Psalms 19:7
- It is in scripture that we find rest for our soul can only come from a relationship with God: "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." Psalms 62:1
- David refreshed his soul by leaning and relying on God: "Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed". Psalm 57:1
- It was in remembering God's blessing in his life and praising God that Daivd was able to refresh his soul and be satisfied in life: "I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night". Psalm 63:4-6
- When life is full of anxiety, God can calm the soul: "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul". Psalm 94:19
- Psalm 133:8 states our souls will be lifted up if we trust in God and get into His Word: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul".
- The scripture brings us wisdom for our souls: "For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul". Proverbs 2:10
- Pleasants words have a healing affect on our souls: "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones" Proverbs 16:24. What unpleasant things do we allow ourself to encouter each day?
- Proverbs 22:5 warns about protecting our soul: "In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares, but he who guards his soul stays far from them".
- Isaiah 55:3 "Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live". It is in Listening and obeying God's word that our soul finds life.
- Commitment and surrender to God brings rest to the soul: Matthew 11:29 "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls".
- A pure heart results in a soul that brings God glory: Luke 1:46 "And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord".
- God's word is the hot lemon water that detoxifies our soul: Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart".
- IPeter 2:11 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul". A healthy soul avoids anything that is not from God.
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. ~I Thessalonians 5:23
In His Graces~Pamela
P.S. Your thoughts on how you refresh your soul are invited here! Please share!