Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spiritual Sight


"But blessed are your eyes for they see and your ears for they hear"
~Matthew 13:16

Yesterday was an incredibly blessed day for me, for my family. I am so humbled at how God showed His presence in our life. And why wouldn't He? I had asked for Him to show His presence, it has been a really tough week. But even in all the madness of injustice and wrong doing that I perceived, God was there. As I struggled with the issue of my daughter, it seemed as though God wouldn't take the burden from me. Daily I prayed for Him to carry it, but the heaviness just lingered. I felt Him saying, "You need to carry this just a bit longer. It's part of my plan". On Thursday, my attitude became that of acceptance for whatever the outcome might be, good or bad. A huge weight lifted from me. My husband will tell you I was back. So I proceeded to walk in faith. I started to look at this situation through "spiritual eyes". I started seeing God's activity in our life circumstances .

"I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will guide him and restore comfort to him,
creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel.
Peace, peace, to those far and near,"
says the LORD. "And I will heal them."
~Isaiah 57:18-19

God allowed me as a mother to mourn for my child's wrong action. In mourning for my child, I also had to mourn for my past because I had made the same mistake, with the same consequence, when I was her age. In my emotional pain, God was there and through this He said to me "This is how I have loved you throughout your life when you have made bad choices and when you have served me. I have loved you." My love for my child, His love for me. He has given me so much peace. He has humbled my heart. He has healed so much pain. I looked at my situation through His eyes and in doing so, I saw Him in it and I heard Him.

"Whether or not we like the concept,
Christ loves to respond to us
according to our faith."
~Beth Moore

I walked in faith this week. It wasn't easy as the journey was paved with so much clutter. Satan attached my child and then tried to attach me as a mother but I overcame him in faith. My God who has carried me this far will carry me much further. He allowed me to mourn for a little while so that I could fully experience His goodness and grace once more. Yesterday, I heard God say "Women, you have great faith! Your request is granted" (Matthew 15:28). Yesterday my husband and I lived through three answered prayer request. Three in one day! We had just finished praising Him verbally for the first two request and felt so blessed and content when He reached down and said "here, one more. Because you have been faithful". Our God is so good!

Lord, help me to walk daily with spiritual eyes. It is with this spiritual sight that I see Your goodness in both the good and the bad circumstance. Help me to always see you in everything so that I might hear you like I did yesterday. Teach me to walk more in obedience and faith because in it I learn to love you more. You are able to do more than I can imagine-You proved your goodness yesterday and I thank you! I thank you with a humbled and reverent heart for helping me to grow my faith. Flourish my faith Lord! And I praise You Lord, from my mouth and my heart, I praise you!


In His Graces~Pamela

1 comment:

Tami said...

Thank you for sharing this, Pamela. I have walked a similar path, carrying a burden while praying for release. You make a good point that acceptance can free us from the pain. When we accept the situation as God's plan, not dwelling on what we could have or should have done, not retracing our steps for the slightest error, but letting it be what it is and trusting God to show us how to live with it, then we can gain freedom. This really hit me this morning. Thank you.