Monday, April 14, 2008

Set Your Heart on Him


I have to admit, I wrote this yesterday anticipating Lelia would be wrapped up in her new granddaughter-can you blame her? Plus my schedule at the end of a semester is always overwhelming so blogging is slower at this time. But I love this Bible study!!!
So, we continue in Lelia's blog Bible study (http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/) from Lysa Terkeurst(http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/) book "What Happens When Women Say YES to God". We enter Chapter 4 and look at what it means for God to be Lord in our life. Everything Lelia mentioned on her blog was also highlighted as I read through the chapter and I really think Lysa summed it up well when she wrote "God must be Lord of all if He is our Lord at all" and she references us to 1 Peter 3:15:
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you
to give the reason for the hope that you have.
But do this with gentleness and respect..."
It is only by loving Christ and building on that love relationship that we can even begin to make Him Lord in our life. It involves a pursuit of Good's truth, His presence, His fullness in our life verses chasing after the emptiness the world has to offer us-temporary success, financial gain, popularity...and the list goes on. It's saying "I choose to love God no matter what I face". Pursuing that love relationship with God becomes your priority, your addiction, your life goal. And the result of this pursuit? PEACE! Resting in God, believing He is in charge and He has your best interest at heart-always.

Lysa talked about the perception we often hold of ourselves-the perception that we are not able to be a women that says YES to God. I mean, look at our past, look at the mistakes we have made, look at the labels other have given us. How could we ever be able to fully say Yes to God after all our failures? Barrowing the words from this chapter has become a prayer and testament for my own life:
"I am a women on a journey of learning how to make sure my reactions don't deny Christ presence in me. I am a women who says yes to God not because my emotions and reactions are perfect. No, I say yes to God because He is perfectly able to forgive me, love me, remind me, challenge me, and show me how to weather trials in ways that prove His Spirit resides in me. I remind myself often that people don't care to meet my Jesus until they meet the reality of Jesus in my Life"
The reality of Jesus in my life...what can be more powerful and meaningful? More than anything else I want others to see the grace I live by today. To experience the love and forgiveness I have come into. To know God like I do and more. It is a journey, a pilgrimage to being a women after God's own heart, molded by Him to resemble Him!
"Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage."
~Psalm 84:5
Set your hearts on Him!!
In His Graces~Pamela

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Great post, your so right! Have a great day.

Jen

HisPrincess said...

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and comment.

I really value your opinions and support.

Sharon.

Amy said...

"More than anything else I want others to see the grace I live by today."

Amen, Pamela!

God Bless,
Amy:)

Lelia Chealey said...

Great post Pamela! I tell you, I never leave our blog without going "hmmmmm". Keep teachin' it Girlfriend!

Joyful said...

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for visiting my blog and encouraging me. I loved the prayer from Lysa's book that you shared. It is my prayer as well.
Seeking His heart with you,
Joy

Liz said...

Pamela,
Great post...I loved reading it. I, also, found the same words of Lysa's a prayer for my own life. As I expressed in my blog post, it is my own perception of myself and what the enemy sometimes persuades me to believe that hinders my ability to say yes! Oh how frustrating when I know the truth! I want others to see the grace I live by today also! And it is grace. I cannot express my gratitude. Thank you for posting your heart!

Lelia Chealey said...

Have a great weekend my friend!
Hugs,
Lelia

Lelia Chealey said...

Oh geesh, in my 1st comment from the other day it was supposed to say YOUR blog not OUR blog. I'm sure you knew, but wanted to correct myself. It's the "Granniness" of me! :)

Laura said...

I love this post, Pamela! I especially love the end when you say: "The reality of Jesus in my life...what can be more powerful and meaningful? More than anything else I want others to see the grace I live by today. To experience the love and forgiveness I have come into. To know God like I do and more. It is a journey, a pilgrimage to being a women after God's own heart, molded by Him to resemble Him!
What a charge! I feel like I have just received my marching orders!
I'm going to show the face of Jesus to others today! Thank you for inspiring me.
Laura