Monday, June 16, 2008

Entrapped

A trap seizes him by the heel; a snare holds him fast.
Tonight my husband and I sat on the back patio with our dinner, just the two of us. Two girls are at cheerleading camp, one at her fathers, one at the pool and the other upstairs asleep exhausted from today's sun from being at the pool earlier. As we were enjoying this beautiful summer evening, my husband noticed that a bird was trapped in the neighbors new chimney cover they had placed yesterday. I could only watch for a few seconds as the bird worked to break through without success. It was so sad and my heart broke for this little creature. By the time we had finished eating, the bird had finished trying...at least for the moment. My husband question why the bird had not tried to escape when the neighbors boys were putting this covering on. I can only imagine she has a nest in there and she was doing what God created her to do.
I keep thinking of this bird. The neighbors are gone. I hinted for my husband to go over and release the bird. Of course this would not be an easy task climbing upon her roof. Most likely if there is a nest, the bird wouldn't leave anyway. It may be too exhausted to fly at this point. It made me think of life. How many things ensnare us, prevent us from living in the truth we were created to live in. How many sins dominate our lives until we are encaged, too exhausted to care or fight.
Psalm 31:4 Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.
I am so thankful my God can free me of the traps I find myself in. I am grateful He is not afraid of heights and that nothing can keep Him from me.
Psalm 141:9 Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers.
No matter what satan throws my way, God can and will protect me. I am called to walk in faith and to trust Him in this.
Luke 21:34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap."
If I keep focused on Him, I will not be tempted to become trapped by what the world has to offer. If I turn my focus to Him when in my weakness I fall into a trap, I will see see the way out. It is called grace. It's called love.
Proverbs 11:6 The righteousness of the upright delivers them, but the unfaithful are trapped by evil desires.
Loving and seeking God will keep me pure and only then will God use me to help keep others from falling into the snares and traps of satan and this world. My testimony can speak volumes of God's grace, love, and forgiveness.
1 Timothy 3:7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.
As I asked the youth Sunday school class yesterday, "When you walk outside the church doors, what does your life say about your testimony for God? How are you living out Jesus in your life?" If we do not live consciously aware of our testimony, how easy it will be for us to be entrapped over and over again because our focus is not on God but ourself.
2 Timothy 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
Is something entrapping you today from being fully what God has created you to be? Is something clouding your vision of God's plan for your life? Is there a cage holding you in, confined to satans lies and this world? Come to your senses! Call on the One that is all powerful and He will rescue you and save you from death.
Father, there have been plenty of times when I have been like this dear sweet bird, entrapped because I thought I was were I was suppose to be. Father, many times I have tried to do it on my own and tried to free myself from the messes I have made with out success. Many times I have given up exhausted.
I praise you for the many times you have been there to lift the cage and rescue me. I thank you for the protection, grace, and guidance you now give me as I walk this life of faith, seeking to honor you. Father, keep me from being this bird...encaged to sin. I choose to live in your freedom. I choose to live in Your graces~Pamela

7 comments:

Amy said...

"Is something clouding your vision of God's plan for your life? Is there a cage holding you in, confined to satans lies and this world? Come to your senses! Call on the One that is all powerful and He will rescue you and save you from death."

These questions you posed have really hit home with me and where I am at right now.......Satan is so good at throwing smoke in my eyes and clouding my vision....He is good at distorting the truth....He is so good at all of his schemes and you are right...I need to call on God....Trust in God's truth...not worry about what makes sense to the world; I need to only rely on what God says is true. Period!

I have read several blog posts today with this same message....I know God is speaking to me personally on this matter.
Thank you for your obedience in sharing what He laid on your heart today.

Also, thank you for your sweet words on my blog. You are a blessing.

In Christ,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

Your awesome! I love those words.

See you in only 2 1/2 days! Yipee! By the way, which hotel did you wind up in? Embassy or elsewhere? I got in @ Springhill Suites.

Have an awesome day!

Heather

much2ponder said...

I have been in this place you speak of more than once. Sad thing is most often we don't realize where we are headed until we have been there for a while. Good post, very thoughtful and I love that you never capitalize the s in satan's name. I thought I was the only one who did that. God is good.

ProverbsWomanWannaBe said...

Wonderful Blog. Your prose is fantastic. I saw you on Yolanda's blog and am doing the Siesta Summer Bible Study on line with a group. There are several online feeds going as well. Look for a post by Rebecca they have a site going for online people and it has almost 200 members already. Study started yesterday and Beth has video message and everything on her site. Love to keep in touch
Blessings
Kristin

Yolanda said...

Pamela:

Entrapped.....in a pit.....living for self instead of for God. There are moments that I THINK I have journeyed far from who I used to be, then I get around someone that stirs up my flesh, and I find out, that I really haven't traveled very far at all.

I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be, I'm ok and I'm on my way. Joyce Meyer


GRACE!

Love and blessings as you travel this weekend, stepping out from an entrapment to allow God's light to shine through you!

Yolanda

Laura said...

Pamela,
What a vivid picture you paint of the traps set before us! I love the parallel you drew. (did the bird get out? I'm dying to know...) i hope you are having a great time leading up to shespeaks...

LynnSC said...

Great Post! I love it when I think that I am just living my life, and God uses something ordinary to teach me the profound. He is so awesome.

The enemy is a great trapper. And many times I find that I end up in the same trap over and over again. The only way that I can escape the traps of the enemy is with my eyes wide open focused on my Lord.

Thanks so much for sharing.