Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Truths to live by

My heart and mind has been focused on this "mind fasting" as I prepared to leave for the She Speaks conference. Today I leave and I I am ready!! Satan has been hitting me with a lot of "untruth"-thoughts that bring me down but I have been faithful to counteract them before they have a chance to take hold. It truly is a battle!! But I awoke this morning with a sense of peace and calm. I am ready "to arrive" at this conference and at what He has prepared for me...even for me to become.

As I have explored this concept of mind fasting, God has been planting plenty around me related just to this subject to keep me focused and to help me grow. As I posted a few blogs back, Jennifer Rothschild has written a book "Self Talk, Soul Talk" and so I picked it up and started to read it over the last couple of days. Before doing this, I had planned to post on my next blog the "truths" we find in scripture that we can live be. Well, Jennifer has done this already!! She has a blog (http://www.selftalksoultalk.com/) to go along with her book and on her blog she had the following "truths to live by". So I leave you her work to mediate on while I'm gone. I know I am taking these with me and meditating on them myself. Enjoy this and then stop by and visit Jennifer's blog!

Here’s some truth to plant within your heart:

I am a new creation. (II Cor. 5:17)
I am forgiven. (Eph. 1:6-8)
I am gifted with power, love and a sound mind. (II Tim. 1:7)
I am chosen for success. (Jn. 15:16)
I am complete. (Col. 2:9-10)
I am secure. (Rom. 8:31-39)
I am confident. (Phil. 1:6)
I am free. (Rom. 6:18; 8:1)
I am capable. (Phil 4:13)
I am spiritually alive. (Eph. 2:5)
I am God’s workmanship. (Eph. 2:10)
I am welcome in God’s presence. (Eph. 2:18; Heb. 4:14-16)
I am sheltered and protected in God. (Col. 3:3)
I am valuable to God. (I Cor. 6:20)
I am a member of God’s family. (I Jn. 3:1-2; Eph. 2:19)
I am God’s treasure. (I Pet. 2:9-10)
I am dearly loved. (Col. 3:12)
I am being transformed. (II Cor. 3:18)
I am an heir of God. (Rom. 8:17)
I am a friend of God. (Jn. 15:15)
I am given spiritual blessings. (Eph. 1:3)
I am God’s delight. (Zeph. 3:17)
I am invited to confidently draw near to God. (Eph. 3:12)


I have these verses copied out on a word document if you want me to e-mail then to you. They are such a sweet reminder of who we are in Christ and our relationship with Him. Be blessed!! I'll comment again after I come back on the 22nd.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

How cool is that? God's word is simply, AMAZING, Girlfriend, AMAZING!

I would enjoy a copy of the word document. Thank you very much for offering this to us.

I love ya and pray that you have a blessed time in Concord.

Unknown said...

I would LOVE a copy of the document! You are so kind to offer it to us! :)

Be safe and be blessed while at She Speaks!

Rebecca

Amy said...

What wonderful reminders of who I am in Christ....Thank you!
I look forward to hearing all about She Speaks.

God Bless,
Amy:)