Sunday, October 26, 2008

Short and Sweet....

I came across a verse today. I have read it many times, but today, in this version, it spoke volumes. It spoke to my heart, to my life goal. It speaks truth...

For my determined purpose is that I may know Him that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death, in the hope. ~Philippians 3:10, Amplified
Determined purpose...progressively...deeply and intimately...perceiving...recognizing...understanding...what challenging words for the soul.
May this be your prayer today.
In Him~Pamela

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

Oh, YES LORD, May it be so.


Love to you,
Yolanda

Paula V said...

That's a great verse and a great heart's desire. I pray I stay focused so I "progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him"

Thanks, Pamela.
Love,
Paula

much2ponder said...

So many times I hear people say they need to find their purpose and this scripture says it all. If I want to live my life as he intends I need to continue to grow in my understanding of who he is. Thank you Pamela. You are loved:)

Unknown said...

I love this verse. It really focuses you doesn't it. Hope all is well my dear friend!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I have this exact version of this verse written on a notecard by my bed. I think I first read it during a Beth Moore study, but not sure. Anyway, it speaks the true witness of my deepest longing...

to know God.

peace~elaine