Monday, July 26, 2010

Messages in the Clouds...

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. ~ Ecclesiastes 3:11



Here recently I am having the privilege of traveling quite a bit with my job. It is just for a season, for "training" but I am loving it to be honest. I love most of all boarding those planes and taking in those views when we are high in the sky. This past week I took off late in the evening heading for Houston. The flight had been delayed an hour due to storms between my home and Texas. I had settled in with a new book but still the wait was a bit irrigating. However, when we got up into the sky I turned my eyes away from my book and looked out and was literally taken back in amazement by our Creator. I put my sun glasses on partially because of the suns rays but also because of the tears welling up.



I have always loved the clouds in the sky. I would love to lay on the soft grass of spring or summer as a child and watch the clouds floating by. If you looked hard enough and long enough, you would feel like you were floating. Remember? OR how many times did you look for shapes within the clouds? Sweet memories.



On this trip I saw the biggest, fluffiest, whitest clouds and literally just a planes wing depth away. The wing of the plane would tickle their edges and yet they did not move, did not change shape, but just floated there where God had planted it....or should I say painted it.



There was a horizon of sort...I am not sure if it was made from the heat or moisture but it looked like a landscape of sorts and the clouds looked like it's mountains. It made me think of heaven. It seemed so pure...so beautiful. A little piece of heaven brought down for my eyes to behold? Maybe, maybe not but I do know it took my breath away and left my heart beating faster like a child excited for that new gift. That vision was a gift from above and I embraced it.



Not one of those big beautiful clouds were alike. All of them different, just like us. I realized that we see only part of the clouds from the ground. God truely has the better view looking down on them. When you are above them, or beside them, you realize the magnitude of how they seem to blossom into a masterpeice. I left my book closed on my lap for a long time and just praised Him...Oh how I needed that vision of Him through those clouds in that horizon high above the earth.



When I was flying home a few nights later, the sun had set and we were experiencing some turbulence. Again, out my window was God at work in the clouds...this time in a darken gray cloud displaying it's own fireworks as lights danced back and forth throughout it's mass. It was an incredible light show. I could not tell if lightening was actually shooting to the ground or if all the activity was strictly within the cloud itself. It was awesome all the same. It took my breath away...again.




He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. ~ Ecclesiastes 3:11


Did you take time to see the beauty of God in His creation today? By doing this were you also drawn to the eternal? When I was young, I was amazed at how the human body worked...so I became a nurse to know it better. I am even more amazed with this creation on earth that we call our temporary home...and so I seek to know God better so I can spend eternity with Him. Can you even imagine that if it can be this beautiful here now, how much more beautiful will it be in heaven? Big sigh.


My awesome God and Creator, You WOW me beyond words, beyond expression, beyond feeling. You are more than I can wrap my mind around on most days but I ask You for more..more of You..of Your works...of Your presence. I praise you for all that You have created, for all that You have done, and for all that You are yet to do. You know I am flying out again next week...can we meet again in the sky? Will You be so kind as to WOW me again with your masterpiece in the heavens? Thank you Lord...thank you for showing me your greatness once again. I can't help but sing your praises!!


Sing to God, sing praise to His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds — His name is the LORD— and rejoice before Him. ~ Psalm 68:4


Believing Him...Experiencing Him~Pamela

7 comments:

Judith said...

Gorgeous photos, Pamela. I don't know how you can be that brave when flying and with a storm out the window, no less. What a woman! I am so busy wanting to land, I fear I'm one who misses all the beauty.

Thanks for your cute note left at my blog. FYI, Part 2 is up. I so appreciate your taking the time...

Happy Flying, or more importantly -
Happy Landing!

Judith

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A good perspective about the clouds... one I needed today, for the cloudiness around me is heavy and I'm having a hard time finding the beauty.

But I see it here. Thanks.

peace~elaine

Judith said...

Loved the quote, Pamela.

"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you."

Again, thanks for hanging with me in this!

Patrinas Pencil said...

Came here from Judith's place. I loved your comment and wanted to come and meet you.

This is a beautiful place here. I love your pic of clouds. I am a cloud watcher too. Oh the beauty of it all. They always focus me on heaven too.

Thanks for sharing them with me.

Keep looking up!
and keep growing closer to Jesus!

Patrina <")>><

Judith said...

Pamela, thanks again for your thoughts left at my place. Indeed, it is a gift to have learned what I needed to know and not be bitter. But isn't that like God? And while it doesn't seem like the "they lived happily ever after" story, mine actually is - I came, I saw, I left with what I needed and have fully moved on with joy.

I hope he came to some sort of peace before he died. I know God's love for Evan was as great as his love for me and mine. He told me after visiting church with us one Sunday that he was going to start going himself when he returned home. He couldn't seem to get the concept that it's not going to church which changes a heart. Perhaps he did before the end.

Still love those clouds of yours and your amazing bravery while flying!

Best to you,
Judith

Melanie said...

LOVE this!!! Beautiful photos and reminder. So blessed to find your blog today! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

in His precious, unfailing love,
Melanie

~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

Anonymous said...

As a child I would lay on a blanket in the yard of our farm I also felt lifted up as I stared at the clouds. Did not know my daughter did the same. Must be more alike then we think.