Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Perfect That Which Concerns Me Lord...

My Holy God, my Jehovah Rapha,
Life can sure throw some wild pitches. Sometimes it literally feels like a painful punch! I'll be honest in that I can't always tell if it is from You or from satan. Yet in all the chaos and busyness of my days, even with my failures, You give me a treasure and assure me of not only Your presence but Your love and mercy. You awe me Lord. Sometimes these treasures are found in something beautiful You created placed in my path, or it has been in the thoughtful words or act of kindness from another...but most times I find it in Your Words.
I love Your treasures.
I cherish these treasure.
You always know what I need and miraculously place it within my reading just at the right moment. Something written so many years ago written just for me. It amazes me Lord. This weekend You gave me this....
The LORD will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
~Psalm 138:8
What concerns me today? A rebellious child? An illness? Unanswered questions? Depression? A stronghold that I am in battle with? An unsaved family member or friend or neighbor? A broken heart? A lonely heart? Maybe I feel defeated, unappreciated, or unwanted?Maybe it's this new job, a new ministry, or for that fact, a lost job or a lost ministry. You know. You have searched my heart, You know my anxious thoughts (Ps 139: 23-24) and so You gave me this...
The LORD will perfect that which concerns me
I may not understand why I am going these thing that concern me but You do. You have a plan. A perfect plan. What a comfort this bring me today. Thank you Lord. I am excited at what the outcome will be. I pray I do not get in the way of Your perfecting process.
And then I am humbled, Father, with this thought of Your perfecting process in me. Like Paul, I can say "I m the worst of sinners" and I do not deserve this. I desire it but I am not worthy. But that is not how You want me to focus my mind is it? Your still small voice whispered in my inner being today "I choose you for this because I love you and I have plans for you in this....plans that will glorify me through you" and with that I can pray...
Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever;
You are so good God. Your mercy and love is more than I can wrap my mind around on most days. I don't deserve this but I embrace it and I praise You. I praise you for Your greatness, for all that I have, and all that I have been through, and I ask Lord...
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
Remember me and how far we have come together. Place your covering of protection on those things we have built together Lord. Continue to lead me on this new journey before me. There will be days that you will have to carry me. I can be weak like that...
yet...I feel so strong in You on those day I allow you to carry me.
Grow my trust.
Grow my faith.
We have done some good things together and it is sometimes hard to let go of what one grows but I trust that You need me to work for you in another way. Let it be to me as you have said, I am your servant (Luke 1:38). Perfect that which concerns me Lord. And while your at it, point out anything in me that offends you. I want you to delight in me. Make me holy.
Believing You~Pamela

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Pamela, I have had many of the concerns you named in the first of your post; even experienced the death of both parents and a 21 yr. old step-son. Years ago I came across this in a newsletter at the faith based crisis pregnancy center I was volunteering at and I want to share it with you. "There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no testing-that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is. That is the rest of victory." - by Alan Redpath from "Victorious Christian Living"

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What an incredible verse! I suppose I've seen it and read it before, but never quite like this... just as you said.

What we need, right when we need it. Perfect that which concerns me, Lord!

peace~elaine

Judith said...

"I pray I do not get in the way of your perfecting process." Amen! Your thought has resonated tonight even though I'm cross-eyed sleepy.

I just don't want to waste what I've learned.

Thank you for leaving your comment at my blog and I especially thank you for your prayer

May your Sunday be blessed,
Judith